The words muffins and manly aren’t usually used in the same sentence.
But when you’re talking about protein-packed balls of meat, that’s a different story. In this case, muffins are more than manly… they’re dudely.
In the latest episode of my series DUDE FOOD with the hilarious Gigi Dubois of Gigi Eats Celebrities, we are serving up perfectly portioned Lean Turkey Meatloaf Muffins (with a side of silliness and festive sweaters).
Check it out!
1 lb. 99% Lean Ground Turkey
1 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2. Onions, chopped
1/2 C. Mushrooms, chopped
1/2 C. Green Bell Pepper, chopped
1/4 C. Carrot, shredded
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Thyme
1 tsp. Rosemary
1 tsp. Mustard
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Saute onions and garlic powder with the EVOO for about a minute. Add the rest of the veggies and continue to cook for about 2 minutes.
3. Mix together the veggies and the rest of the ingredients (except ketchup) in a large bowl. Use your hands to thoroughly combine.
4. Scoop mixture into a muffin tin sprayed with olive oil and bake for about 15 minutes.
5. Remove muffins from oven and top with about a tsp. of ketchup each.
6. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
Total Calories: about 75 each (makes 12)
These are the perfect for a cozy night in with your honey or to serve holiday parties, especially if you make them in mini muffin tins for extra portions.
Don’t have a muffin tin? This can be made in a traditional loaf pan too, but up the baking time to about 35-40 minutes total. Or try my Pumpkin Chili Turkey Meatloaf (it doesn’t taste too pumpkin-y, I promise):