VIDEO: Sweat Garage’s 12-Minute Cardio Christmas Circuit

sweat-garage-12-minute-workout

On the first day of #FitMas your fitnessista Whitney gave to you… an awesomely sweaty 12-minute cardio circuit workout!

That’s right guys, I have a super fun workout video for you today that I made with my pal Chris from Sweat Garage.

In case you haven’t been paying attention, Sweat Garage is what gets me out of bed before the sunrise 2-3 days a week. It’s an amazing 60 minute cardio and strength training class using treadmills, weights, resistance bands, jump ropes, kettlebells, and your own body weight.

sweat-garage

And pssst… I’ve seen celebs here (I can’t tell you who but she’s got a smoking hot bod).

I’m going to miss it so much while I’m away for the holidays that I begged Chris to come up with an alternative workout for me to do while I’m on vacation.

This fabulous 12-minute total body workout targets all your major muscle groups: arms, legs, and abs, and doesn’t require a lot of equipment.

All you need is a resistance band (or weights if you’d prefer) and a jump rope. This is such a great workout for traveling because you don’t need much time or space to do it, and you can fit the band/jump rope in your carry-on.

Resistance bands only cost about $10 on Amazon.

Watch the video and do the whole thing along with me. If you’re an over-achiever, do it twice!

Like Chris mentions in the video, if this is too difficult, feel free to take short breaks between the exercises. Or, if you breeze through it, repeat it once or twice.

Try to do this every day for the next 12 days leading up to Christmas.

If you don’t, I’ll tell Santa you were very naughty.

12-minute-cardio-christmas-printout

If you’re in the L.A. area, be sure to stop by Sweat Garage and try their full workout!

Happy Holidays!

Weigh In:
For at-home circuit workouts, do you prefer to watch videos like this or simply follow a list of exercises?
Will you try this workout?
If you tried the workout, how Sweaty did you get?
What do you think the “S” on my shirt stands for?

Comments

1. That Santa Hat is CRACKING ME UP! LMFAO!!!!

Were you really “excited”! ;) I am honestly sweating just watching this video, oh my! You make me even more scared of Sweat Garage, lol!
    GiGi Eats Celebrities recently posted…Michelle Bridges Kicked My Booty, & I Liked It!My Profile

• Whitney English says:

What’s so funny about my Santa Hat? It doesn’t look terribly chic?

And yes, I was excited! I honestly thought it was going to be pretty easy for me, but as you can see in the video, I had to make modifications several times to keep going!

You should still come with me sometime :)

2. Sweat garage….lol, love that name and love the Santa hat and tank top! Super cute!!
    The Vegan 8 recently posted…Vegan Mocha Ice cream (Starbucks copycat) Guest Post!My Profile

• Whitney English says:

You should see the studio in person! There’s a “garage door” that closes off the class from the reception and the whole place is outfitted to look like a repair shop. It’s very cute!

3. Claudia Rosenbaum says:

I need one of those bands. Where can I get?

• Whitney English says:

Pretty much anywhere! Target, Amazon, any sporting goods store. They make great stocking stuffers and are so easy to take with you on vacay :)

4. That place sounds awesome, and I definitely need some at home circuits for when I head back to the ice cold chicago for the holidays!
    Ashley @ Broc Blog recently posted…I Tried Trampoline AIR-obicsMy Profile

5. I love your tank! Does the S stand for ‘sexy biceps’?

I will be trying this workout over the holiday season!

6. This is all kinds of awesome and if I wasn’t at work I’d be watching this video! Instead I’ll watch it tonight and hopefully it motivates me to get off my butt and werrrrk it. NEED TO KNOW THE CELEB! I’ll trade you on the celeb who works out a my gym. Hint-he raps and is a Toronto native!
    Davida @ The Healthy Maven recently posted…{Five on Friday} Random Ramblings #4My Profile

• Whitney English says:

Let’s take this convoy off-line and do a trade for trade :)

And let me know if you try the workout! It’s seriously so good and so intense!

7. You are still gorgeous at the end, sweaty and all! I never do circuits like this but YES I did watch the VS Fashion show, so… I guess I should get on it. Thanks for sharing. I’ll give it a shot :)
    Kristina @ Damn Ten Pounds recently posted…Friday Five – the good & the badMy Profile

8. Awesome workout! I’ll have to give it a shot!

9. I’ll try it! Except in the morning. It’s sorta late right now;)
    Ellen recently posted…Pâtés for Vegs:My Profile

10. Love this! I need to go work out now! Thanks for sharing at Show Off Friday!

Jenn @ IHeartHandsOn
    Jenn recently posted…Unstuff helps you give experiences instead of stuffMy Profile

11. Awesome workout! The only thing that would be somewhat complicated is the jump rope, but I could just jump in my apt sans rope. I use a lot of apps on my iPhone for days I’m not outside running or playing beach volleyball. I quit my gym over a year ago because of the cost (although I really still do miss Equinox). I think the S definitely stands for SWEAT! lol!
    Tonya@Healthy, Fit, and Frugal recently posted…1/2 Marathon Training Diaries-Week 7My Profile

• Whitney English says:

Yeah, you can just run in place or do jumping jacks instead of jumping rope! And I would love to work out at Equinox too if they didn’t cost so darn much!

12. This workout is great for any time of the year. A lot of fun, too! I love high intensity workouts, as they don’t bore you, and really raise your metabolic rate. Nevertheless, results are minimal if you don’t watch your food as well :) Which is in fact the hardest part :)
    Danny@Watchfit recently posted…Tips for Wholesome Eating and a Healthier Lifestyle – Part 1My Profile

• Whitney English says:

Thanks Danny! And yes, I completely agree about the food. They say it’s 80% diet 20% exercise, right?!

13. Tried this workout over the Thanksgiving holiday and it kicked my butt! It was awesome! Thanks so much!

Mentioned Elsewhere:

1. […] Here's a video for a really fun 12-Minute Circuit I came up with recently if you're interested: 12-Minute Cardio Christmas Workout Hope this helps!! Reply With […]

2. […] Bring one home with you this holiday and then try my Super Sweaty 12-Minute Cardio Christmas Video >> […]